I am now able to offer a head unit installation to UK customers who are looking at increasing the quality of their Bose or Non-Bose audio system in the R35 GTR or who have been refused warranty claims on their faulty unit and refuse to pay £7000 for a new one to be fitted.
Not only do you get your audio back but if you have a Non-Nav car, you will also gain USB input, SD-Card Input, Bluetooth Audio Streaming and a Bluetooth Phone System which works much better than factory.
This service is carried out either at your location or you can come to me in Lancashire for the day. I have developed a special method of installation which involves installing a special plug and play lead to access directly into the Bose amplifier to allow this new head unit to play directly through all of your speakers including the fronts, rears, centre and subwoofer.
The head unit fits neatly and discreetly in the same position of the factory CD slot.
The price is an all inclusive one apart from travel costs over 30 miles from me in Preston. It includes the Pioneer Head Unit, worth nearly £300, the special plug and play cable, the amplified aerial converter and labour.
Travel costs are charged at 40p per mile over 30 miles. If you live in Birmingham for example, the first 30 miles of the 110 miles distance is free and so 80 miles each way at 40p/mile will be £64 extra. Contact me if you need exact confirmation of travel costs to you. I’m happy to do the work at your chosen tuner if its in for service etc and they are happy for me to do this. SVM, Litchfield, Kaiser, AC Speedtech etc.
The Unit being used is the top of the range Pioneer DEH-80PRS. Its specification is as long as your arm including :-
- Large, full-DOT, LCD display (192 x 48 pixels).
- Voltage display
- Remote Control Supplied
- Built in DSP, 3-Way DSP
- Dual USB ports for iPhone / iPod and other USB devices.
- Music Browser and USB Digital Direct capabilities.
- High-Grade audio components.
- Auto EQ, Auto Time Alignment and Digital Time Alignment create optimised settings by allowing each speaker to be synchronised to achieve a more realistic staging and stereo imaging effect.
- Plays your CD collection (including CD-R, CD-RW)
- Plays MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC compressed audio files on SD (up to 32 GB), CD, USB
- Plays your iPod, iPhone via optional CA-IW.51 cable
- Plays your USB device via a rear USB input
- Plays other music devices via a front auxiliary input
- Plays audio via Bluetooth
- Front Panel
- Display Illumination
- Button Illumination
- Rotary Commander
- Multi-Language Display
- Displays Cyrillic Characters
- Music Browser
- iTunes Tagging
- Bluetooth 3.0 certified
- Handsfree Telephony
- Audio Streaming
* Please note that there is currently no option to get your steering wheel controls to work with this unit. Volume can be done on the unit in the dash or from the supplied remote control.
* If your unit’s audio has failed, please note that this job is to bypass the failed head unit and as such, problems with your amplifier are not part of the service. If your car has any other problems due to the failed head unit, this solution will only cure the audio part. If its your Bose amp that is at fault, I have a solution which can replace it. Just let me know.